Saturday 5 May 2012

Under the Flight Path


I am staying in a hotel in West London tonight. It is a reasonable hotel: the room is small, but there is WiFi, the bed is comfortable and there is a bath. The lack of a lift could be seen as an advantage as it forces me to climb the stairs. The combination of stairs and a Japanese dinner could be seriously healthy.

I do not like air conditioning: I find it noisy and drying and generally unpleasant. When I returned to my room after a very pleasant dinner in the Japanese restaurant (the only one available), I opened the window. I have now discovered the fatal flaw. It has become clear that I am under the flight path to Heathrow. Now, when I lived in Twickenham, I was used to it. I am no longer used to it.

I have a dilemma. Do I close the window and end up with a dreadful headache, or do I leave the window open and wake up every time a plane lands? I have decided to go with the open window option. I may be very ratty tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment