Sunday 6 May 2012

Another Weekend in London


Unusually for me, I had to be in London again this weekend, however this time I stayed the night. The jollifications have been extensive; not only did I have lunch with my brother yesterday, do some shopping and then have a pleasant evening, but they have continued today.

One of my Godchildren made her First Holy Communion today. It was a brilliant event, joyous and special. Her family and her three godparents were there, and a great time was had by all. It is always a special day; I have vivid memories of my own, some fifty years ago (we did it younger then!)

This was followed by a mad dash into central London to meet up with a crowd of old friends from medical school days. It turned into a very raucous and rather boozy affair, although I was not really at my best. There was too much talk of the Health and Social Care Act for me to be anything other than stressed.

I am now on the train home and, the good news is, I even got on the right train! No little mishaps like last week. And tomorrow is a Bank Holiday, and Molly comes home! Altogether, a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment