Tuesday 15 May 2012

Molly has a Troubled Morning

I heard her, early this morning, yowling rather. But her foster carer had warned me that she made a lot of noise going in to the litter house (which, to be honest, she hadn't done with me so far) and I assumed that she was returning to old habits. I rolled over in bed and ignored her. Bad mistake.

Later, washed and bathed, cat fed and watered, I went to do her litter tray. Oh dear. What did I find? There was a solid offering by the bathroom door (her litter house is in the second bathroom) and the bathmat had been well and truly scrabbled about in an effort to hide the wet marks. I was the unimpressed one this time. However, I have to say, it is totally my fault. Put it down to the INEXPERIENCED & IDIOTIC FIRST TIME CAT OWNER SYNDROME (IIFTCOS). It is a disorder of which I have become very aware over the last week. So, what was the problem?

The litter house had arrived with a door, which I had not bothered to put on in order to make it easier for her to work out where things were. Yesterday, I decided to put the door on. It never even occurred to me that she would not use it. I blithely left her to it. As I said - IIFTCOS. I have taken the door off again. Hopefully, there will be no more problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment