Saturday 5 May 2012

My Flat Has Been Cattified!


On Monday, I am picking Molly up and bringing her home. As a result, the last week has been completely taken up with thinking about cats, discussing cats and their needs, and spending far too much time and money on cat-related websites. My previously uncluttered home has now got toys dangling from door jambs, scratch pads and posts in various rooms, a litter house (no mere tray for Molly) in the spare bathroom, a luxury carrying case, and more cat food than I realised would be needed. There are also collars, catnip spray and sundry other items that I thought she might like.

To say that I have become obsessed is to be a master of understatement. I cannot believe how excited I am at the thought of having a pet in the house. I should have done this years ago. I have ensured that next week is fairly quiet and that I can be working at home for a lot of the time, to help her to settle in. If I am honest, I am also a little nervous. What if it doesn’t work out? What if she doesn’t take to the flat and to me?

But looking around at the signs of a cat all around me, I am more relaxed than I have been in a long time. I am confident that we can make it work. My flat and I have both been cattified!

No comments:

Post a Comment