Thursday 10 May 2012

A Set-Back

After all that confidence, today we had a set-back and it is entirely my fault. I had bought her a collar, but on the two occasions I tried to put it on, she was not keen on the idea, so I left it. Today, a young friend came to visit. She has a number of cats and said we'd do it together. Which we did.

Unfortunately, I had bought a collar with a bell. The noise terrified her. She raced round the room trying to get away from it and, obviously, making it worse. Eventually, she hid in her dark corner. At least she was quiet. But I had to go to work, and there was no way that I was leaving her with that collar still on. It took ages, but eventually we managed, between us, to get it off her. She bolted back under the desk and refused to come out. I haven't seen her since.

Poor Molly. No more bells for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment