Tuesday 8 May 2012

Chronicles of The Cat


Molly has had an interesting day. She awoke early and when, at 7.30, I joined her she was demanding attention. Food and water provided, we settled down to a chat – well, alright, I did all the talking, but she was certainly vocal. I was thrilled.

Some time later, she tried to join me in my bath, but was put off by the hot water. The bubbles, however, definitely found favour. I may have to re-design the bathroom to give her somewhere to sit when I’m in the bath (only joking!).

Things went downhill a bit after that. I had arranged for a handyman to come and do some work in the house. Molly was unimpressed in the extreme. It was back to the dark corner under my desk and she refused to come out. Later my cleaner also arrived. Not a good thing!

Leaving her to go to work was really hard. I kept reminding the handyman that he had to be very careful and not let her out. I could see him thinking that he was hardly going to get the chance, since she was stuck firmly beneath my desk.

Returning some hours later, he still had not seen her. We chatted a little, then I returned to the study. To my surprise, she came out from under the desk to welcome me, sliding back under it every time she heard his footsteps. I was talking again and she came in and out from under that desk like a little yo-yo, but she was not going right under now, and was coming out faster. Finally, after about ten minutes, she did not bother going under at all; she just sat under my chair very close to my legs. I think we have definitely made progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment