Thursday 24 May 2012

I am Dying of Heat

At last summer has arrived. I adore the summer. I love the heat and the light and the general sense of well-being. Ordinarily, I would be out on the terrace relaxing. However, there is Molly. She cannot go out yet, because it has not been made safe, so the only way she can come out is if she is on a lead. And I cannot get a lead on her.

I wish you could see us. As soon as I appear carrying anything that looks like a collar, she disappears, sometimes for up to half an hour. She is deeply unimpressed. And so am I, as I struggle in the heat with all the windows closed.

However, five minutes ago I decided that enough was enough. I can see no reason why her refusal to do what I want means that I have to sit indoors on such a glorious evening. I am now on the terrace. I assume the guilt will eventually pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment