Monday 2 July 2012

Today, I took my cat to the Cattery

This afternoon, I took Molly Cat to the Cattery. It was the first time I had done this, but I assured myself all would be fine. She is, after all, a cat. I was not consigning my child to the Workhouse.

Frankly, I might as well have been. I arrived at the cattery with Molly in her carrier. She was less happy this time, distinctly grumpy. I found the place, parked and picked up the carrier. Molly was unusually silent. As I approached reception, I felt the familiar prickle behind my eyes. 'You are NOT going to cry' I told myself - to no avail. As I checked her in, I was blinded by tears. The nice lady was calm, told me I was fine, insisted this happened all the time. I could not decide what was worse: the misery of leaving her, or the shame of sobbing openly about it.

We took her to her 'room': it looks fine; the other cats are happy. I am miserable. The kind lady gives me a card: 'ring if you are worried'. I suspect I may be ringing her every day. With shame, I remember being irritated that my mother phoned the kennels about Jasper every day when she was with me. How could I have been so obtuse? They worm their way into your heart. I can't wait to pick her up again.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a cat needs a lot of pampering. If you want to ensure your cat stays comfy & healthy while you are away, SmallPaws Cattery Accommodation is the best you can find.
    http://www.smallpaws.com.au/accommodation-the-cattery/ | www.smallpaws.com.au/accommodation-the-cattery | SmallPaws cat boarding kennels


    ReplyDelete