Thursday 12 July 2012

The Stuck Drawer

Getting ready for work this morning, I left the underwear drawer open a crack while I was pottering about. I was in and out of the bathroom, dressing, applying make-up, as one does. Finally, I decided I had taken everything I needed out of it. I shoved it shut: only it would not shut.

This is an old chest of drawers; the drawers do, sometimes, stick. I gave it another shove, hard this time. Still, it would not shut. I opened it further and reached in, but could find no obstruction. I tried again. This happened two or three times. Finally, I tried to open the drawer underneath, to see if there was something there. It was as I was struggling with the second drawer that I saw the underwear move. Disbelieving, I watched as Molly Cat disentangled herself from the contents of the drawer and slid out. The expression on her face can only be described as withering. I apologised profusely, between laughs, but she was not the least bit pacified. She stalked away and did not return for at least twenty minutes. 

I shall be more careful with that drawer in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment