Thursday 5 July 2012

Island Paradise

Oh, alright, perhaps Paradise is an exaggeration - but not much. I have been here for just over forty-eight hours. In that time, I have swum, sunbathed, attended a wedding, enjoyed the food and the drink, and finally caught up on my sleep. I have met old friends, gossiped and generally had a good time. I have attended a cousin's wedding, solved the difficulties of the universe, and got slightly sunburnt because I underestimated the strength of the sun and how white I was. I am no longer white: I am variously pink, red and cream, depending on which bit you are looking at.

My hair and my skin feel wonderful. I put this down to the sea and the relaxation. Food, today, seems superfluous. The only really important thing is lots of water. I smile at everybody, and mostly they smile back. Soon, I shall return to my room. I shall sit out on the balcony, watching the sea, and the boats returning to harbour. I shall write a few notes and get an early night. And I shall be content. I wish Molly was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment