Thursday 16 January 2014

Molly Draws Blood

What on earth am I going to do? Molly has always had a tendency to use teeth and claws, but I hoped to train her out of that. Huh! She has not proved to be amenable to such training. I think, although I cannot be sure, that she is even more prone to this since I have returned to work. Is that a reason for working from home? No, I thought not.

Today, I went off to a Training Day in Loughborough. Leave aside the nightmare journey there (an accident on the M1 and a burst water main on the A6 leaving me with few choices), and the fact that I therefore arrived five minutes late, despite having left early. Nevertheless, I arrived. People were kind, and did not comment on my appearance.

When I returned home, Molly seemed keen to play. I was so pleased. Truth: she did not want to play, she wanted to use my hand as a cross between a scratch post and a biting stick. Both my hands are covered in blood. Alright, I exaggerate, but only slightly. There are lots of puncture marks, and there IS blood. And now she is curled up, looking so innocent!

So, what do I do next? There is a limit to how much punishment my hands can take! Would be interested in your ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment