Tuesday 14 January 2014

Half Way Through Radiotherapy

Today was session eight out of fifteen. I reckon that means I am slightly more than half way through (although my brain is so scrambled I could be wrong). As I swung myself off the 'bed' today, the radiographer said 'You make that look easier every time'. Huh! I wish I could believe that. The truth is, I have just learned where to pivot my considerable weight.

Yesterday did not go so smoothly. They had a problem with the computers. The whole system was down. By the time I got there, they were running about an hour late. I was lucky. One of the other rooms was able to take some of our patients. I was only half an hour late getting in.

The strangest thing about the radiotherapy is that I ache all over. I am not sure if this is actually down to the radiotherapy, or if it is due to the fact that I am going out and walking a lot more, or whether the fact that I seem incapable of losing weight has anything to do with it. Whatever the cause, my back and my legs ache, and even getting in and out of the car is an effort. Bizarre. I am also increasingly tired, although that could just be because I am overdoing things. Whatever the cause, I am suddenly feeling tired and rather low. Boo Hiss. I'm fine, really.

So, sorry folks. This is not a cheerful blog. I don't know why, but I can't seem to dredge up any humour. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

Molly is well and sends her love.

No comments:

Post a Comment