Monday 18 November 2013

To Party or Not to Party

Horrendous realisation: I am coming up to a very significant birthday in August 2014, and 21 it isn't. When the realisation dawned, I blenched. It could not possibly be true. But, of course, it is. And, I decided, the fact that I do not quite believe it is a good sign. However, there is also the fact that it is impossible to know how many more significant birthdays (as in, those with a nought on the end) I am going to have (me and everybody else - I'm not being depressive!). So, the question is, do I want to mark this one?

This is difficult. [Aside: why do I never get the capital letters right when I am typing and have to go back for them? It is really aggravating.] So, here are the pros and cons:

Pros:

  1. It should be fun
  2. It may be my last chance
  3. I hope to have a lot to celebrate
  4. I love parties
  5. I'd love to get all my friends together
  6. I've always wanted a party in Malta.
Cons:
  1. Cost - not just for me, but for my friends, if I am asking them to come to Malta
  2. Organisation - it will take a lot of hard work
  3. Molly - will have to be left behind
  4. Diet - I refuse to be this big at my own party
  5. Etc.
I am going to spend a lot of time thinking about it in the next four weeks. If I'm doing it, people need to know by the end of the year so that they can start thinking about whether they want to come. Watch this space. But I think the answer may be 'no', because I haven't got the energy. We'll see.

In the mean time, if anybody is interested, I've run out of flowers for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment