Friday 3 February 2012


Thank God It’s Friday
There are some weeks that make one wonder why one bothers. This was such a one.  I have seen my brother emigrate, a good friend take voluntary redundancy, my computer crash and lose all my contacts, and the Today programme give a totally biased view of the responses to the Health and Social Care Bill. Life was BAD!

Then, this morning, I was listening to the Today programme again. And, suddenly, there was Clare Gerada, who chairs the Royal College of General Practitioners, telling the world that the RCGP was calling for the Health and Social Care Bill to be withdrawn completely. She explained, in measured tones, why the Bill would harm patients and the health of the public. She was apolitical and calm.

I cheered. We need more people like Clare. People prepared to put their heads above the parapet. People prepared to fight for what they believe in. People who will not be cowed or brow-beaten. So today I say

God Bless Clare Gerada


No comments:

Post a Comment