Monday 28 January 2013

Very Bad News

Well, dear friends (if anybody is still out there) - I'm back. I must, first, apologise for the long silence. In my own defence, I was extremely unwell over Christmas, being housebound from Christmas Eve to January 8th, at which point I turned up for work and was told, in no uncertain terms, that I was in no fit state to be working. I am grateful to the colleagues who bullied me into seeing a GP and getting some proper medication. You know who you are: thank you.

Secondly, being housebound and poorly does not provide a lot of interesting stuff to write about. To add to the difficulty, as soon as you start feeling better, you are desperately trying to catch up, so you are even less aware of what is happening outside the world of work. Pathetic!

However, today I decided that enough was enough, and that I was going to start boring you again. And the reason for this is that we had had some very bad news, and I realised that I had not sent out the appeal for prayers (if you believe in them) or positive thoughts if you don't, that I had done on Twitter. Some of you will know that I collect God-children. I have ten. One of them has a lovely little sister (let's call her B) who is fifteen months old. Over Christmas, B was diagnosed with a hepatoblastoma. For the non-medical people among you, this is an extremely rare form of liver cancer that occurs in young children. B is now undergoing chemotherapy, and holding up well, but clearly this is a difficult time for the family and all those who love them.

So, I say again, for those of you who share our Faith in a beneficent God, please remember B and her family in your prayers. For those of you who do not, please send positive thoughts into the Universe: it can't do any harm.

And I promise to be more cheerful next time.

Belated Christmas and New Year greetings everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment