Wednesday 12 September 2012

A View from Vancouver

I arrived in Vancouver on Saturday. It is a looooooong way from England - a nine and a half hour flight. I don't like aeroplanes. I don't like long flights. I was stressed, and exhausted. But my brother and his wife were there to meet me and it was lovely to see them. Thanks to the time difference, it was still light, although we had left London at 5p.m.  We walked out of the airport past a tank of jellyfish; why, I asked myself?

Everybody told me how beautifulVancouver is. Frankly, it isn't. So far, it seems to me little different from anywhere else. But the scenery is awesome, wonderful, amazing. Yesterday we went to the Aquarium: I enjoyed it all, but the Belluga whales and the dolphins were a particular pleasure.

Today we went to Deep Cove Bay. It is beautiful. The trees drop down to the water's edge, the sea was calm, like a millpond, the colours are amazing. I have been so lucky with the weather - there has been almost unbroken sunshine.

But for me, the highlight was last night. At about 8, the dog went mad. We peered outside. Walking across the deck was a raccoon. I had never seen one. I was so excited. I am now hoping for something bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment